Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Marvelous Macarons



French macarons are completely different from the coconut macaroons they are commonly confused with. A french macaron is a sweet decadent desert filled with buttercream or jam filling sandwiched between two airy cake-like cookies.

My friend and I went to the Macaron Cafe on our day off from school and it was well worth the trip from Brooklyn. The packaging was adorable and they were almost too cute to indulge. I loved the dulce de leche and raspberry filled macrons the most. I highly recommend sampling to try different flavors. Overall, they were all very delicious and I will be stopping by the Macaron Cafe as soon as I can.  Not only do they have macarons, the Cafe also offers beverages and lunches. There are even tables to sit and chat.

For locations:
625 Madison Ave. Entrance on 59th Street and 161 West 36th Street between Broadway and 7th.

No comments:

Post a Comment