Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drench Me In Trench



Burberry's spring trench line is fantastic. I created two great looks with their new trenches. #1 is from the Burberry London line and #4 is from the Burberry Brit line. My staple is what I like to call modern-classic. I like to wear items that are an updated version of classic looks.
For instance, these trench coats are perfect examples of a modern-classic. The typical classic trench is beige with plain buttons and a belt. With a modern twist of color or embellishment, a classic piece can be easily updated to contemporary trends.
The first look is my favorite night time look. Perfect for a fancy dinner or a spring wedding. The shoes can transition into the summer and fall as well. A shoe for three seasons is a closet staple. The minaudiere clutches are trendy right now, but the fashionable accesry has been around for a long time. Here is a fun fact...the minaudiere was first introduced by Van Cleef and Arpel in the 1930's. Today's trend incorporates modern elements on the classic item with studs, crystals etc. I prefer the DVF clutch in the photo, crystals go with everything!  
The second look is such a fun pop of color. I like colored trenches because the plain classic trench can get boring.  I actually found an umbrella to match! The nude Ferragamo nude shoes downplay the bottom half of your outfit so what you wear doesn't clash or look color-blocked. The shoes are a wardrobe staple. It's a good investment because it can be worn with so many outfits.
Shop smart and stylish!

No comments:

Post a Comment